Saturday, October 29, 2016

Hexagon Update October 29, 2016

I've managed to sew a lot this week.  At least for me, that is.  I'm enjoying this so much that I've started a second Kaffe Fassett Grandmother's Flower Garden!  The one I've been showing up until now is being pieced on 1 1/2" hexagon papers.  I started a smaller one on 1" papers.  If I can get it finished in time, the small one will be a miniature that I donate to the Quilter's Guild of Dallas Quilt Celebration live miniature quilt auction.  The auction is always on the Saturday of the show, which happens to be on March 11, 2017 for this particular show. 

I also had a great outing this week!  I got to hear Kaffe Fassett speak in Lewisville on Monday.  It was lots of fun and extremely interesting.  If you are a quilter and get the chance to hear him speak, do it!  You won't be sorry.  I only wish I'd been able to attend the workshop he had while in the area. 

Here are my flowers completed this week:







I'm going to write another post with the smaller ones and a comparison photo.  ***For some reason, Blogger separated the two posts and  put the second one down the list as if it were written a week or so ago.  If you want to read it without searching, click this link.  I hope I eventually figure out all the ins and outs of blogger.  Sheesh, this is confusing!  Hope you enjoy these blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment