Saturday, October 15, 2016

My Kaffe Fassett Grandmother's Flower -- Garden Block one

I've had blogs in the past.  Blogs that I've abandoned.  This one is mostly to record my progress on quilting projects.  Even when I use my sewing machine, I feel like it's slow going, possibly because I seem to use my machine so little lately, so that's why I'm calling the blog Slow Stitching. 

Regardless, I've started hand piecing a Grandmother's Flower Garden in Kaffe Fasset Collective fabrics.  I'm English Paper Piecing it on 1 1/2" hexagon papers.   I'm using Aurafil 50/2 in color 2600 for all of the piecing.  I'll use a different Kaffe for each flower's "petals", the same black and white (not a Kaffe) will be the centers.  At this point, I plan to surround them all with white.  This one is definitely slow stitching because my hands, especially my thumbs, have been hurting during the piecing.  Fingers crossed that they don't continue to hurt through the whole quilt. 


                                              The first block was completed on 10/10/16.

 
The second block was completed on 10/14/16.

 
The third block was also finished on 10/14/16.

 
The fourth block was completed on 10/15/16.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment