Thursday, January 26, 2017

Catching up on my Kaffe Fassett Grandmother's Flower Garden Blocks

It's been a while since I've posted.  I think I told you last time that I haven't done a lot of hexagon piecing lately, but I have been slow piecing when I have a few free minutes.  So, this will be a heavy photo post.  Hope you enjoy.  The large hexagon has the small white dots in the centers.  These are made from 1 and a half inch hexagons.  There's only one of these this time. 
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the larger hexagons.  I've shifted my focus to the smaller ones, but I have several of the large ones cut and ready to sew!
 
The smaller ones have the large white dot in the center and are made from 1 inch hexagons. 

Did you notice that this one and the pink and orange flowers below are the same pattern?

 
Some of them are so odd as flowers that I just love them.  This one and the one below belong in that category!


This is one of my favorites!

I love this pattern!  I've bought all of the colorways I can find!  This is the same pattern as the large one at the top.  LOVE IT!

A new favorite pattern! 
 
 
The next three are partial flowers.  I'm not sure if I'll leave them this way and use them along the edges or if I'll finish them later on.  Only time will tell. 
 
This one hurts my eyes to work on.

I might like this one better if I'd had enough fabric to center the flowers.  It's just not working for me here.

This one looked better before I cut it up.  I may like it better in the large hexagons.

More tomorrow showing you some fabric I dyed in a recent class. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment