Friday, January 27, 2017

My Hand Dyed Fabric

I recently took a class from Carol Morrissey on dying fabric.  It was a simple introduction to the art without all the chemicals, mixing and breathing apparatus.  The dyes were already mixed and in bottles.  The class was held at Quilt Country and was loads of fun!  I'm going to be sharing my dyed fabric here with you today.  I wasn't great at the techniques Carol attempted to teach me, so my fabrics don't all have the look I was going for, but I'm happy with it all regardless. 

The first three photos show an accordion folding technique.  That was easy, but I tended to be heavy handed with the dyes on each technique. 

The next two were scrunched up and wound around a PVC pipe and held with rubber bands.  My heavy handed dying messed up the look.  If I remember correctly, we started these two with blue fabric.  All the rest were dyed on white. 

As usual, I'm having problems with Blogger.  I'm going to end this post here and write another one for tomorrow. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment